Merchants produce most of the income in the game and come in a variety of forms.
For simplicity, they have been broken into sub-categories dependent on how they are acquired/upgraded. (See Below)
Most merchants may be upgraded for more income, from Tier 1 to Tier 6. Each tier has an upgrade cost that needs to be paid 5 times before the next tier is reached.
Once upgraded to Tier 4, a merchant will display a more complex tile, denoting a high level merchant.
Merchant tiers can be seen if you click on the merchant tile or look at the spinning collection symbol -
- Tier 1 - Bronze Coin.
- Tier 2 - Silver Coin.
- Tier 3 - Gold Coin.
- Tier 4 - Gold Bar.
- Tier 5 - Money Bag.
- Tier 6 - Treasure Chest.
The collection symbol will appear whenever you can collect coins from the merchant, typically after 2 Hours, and will remain until collected. Note: Android players - Merchants do not have any early collection (2 Hours) option.
- Coin Merchants are bought with Coins.
- Premium Merchants are bought with Rubies.
- Sand Dollar Merchants are bought with Sand Dollars.
- Craftable Merchants are Crafted in The Crafting Workshop.
- Reward Merchants are not bought but given free, usually after Quests.
- Pearl Merchants are upgraded using Pearls.
- Sapphire Merchants are upgraded using Sapphires.
- Emerald Merchants are upgraded using Emeralds.
- Black Pearl Merchants are upgraded using Black Pearls.
- Sea Glass Merchants are upgraded using Sea Glass.
- Resource Merchants earn Resources along with coins at collection time.