For more info see Forum. This quest was re-issued for Halloween 2013 for Android and possibly iOS users that missed it first time around.
Day Of The Dead (1/6)
First, we need a way for the spirits to reach us!
- Collect from 15 Houses to gather a crowd.
- Build Barco del Muerto (cost: 632,500 Coins).
- Complete a medium voyage with it!
Oh how beautiful a ship! And perfect for welcoming the returning spirits! but how will they know they can visit here?
Minimum Time to Complete: 17 hours (build Barco del Muerto and sail her on a medium voyage).
Day Of The Dead (2/6)
Oh! We of course need to give them a welcome place to stay!
- Place a Graveyard (a Decoration) to set the mood (cost: 25,460 Coins, 8 hour build).
- Ask the Mermaids to greet them with 2 spins (any spins).
- Have a Tier 5 Sugar Mill for welcome treats!
Oh that's perfect! Space for all my new friends to rest!
But they should have been here by now...
Minimum Time to Complete: 8 hours (build Graveyard. Assumes that you have the Sugar Mill and pearls to upgarde and cash/rubies for the mermaid spins).
Day Of The Dead (3/6)
Oh! Those dastardly pirates are at again! They've set up a protective ward to keep the spirits out!
- Have a Serum to wash away the ward.
- Defeat 3 Pirates to clear the way.
- Craft an Altar de Muertos to counter the ward (cost: 15 Sapphires, 15,000 Coins and 3 Ropes, 8 hour build). Also Altar de Muertos does NOT have to be built to complete this step!
Minimum Time to Complete: 8 hours (Craft Altar de Muertos. Assumes that you have the Serum and 3 available pirates to beat).
Day Of The Dead (4/6)
The Spirits are still trapped on the other side! Music connects us between the worlds. We must find the right song!
- Ask the Mermaids to sing with 2 searches (do two spins any type).
- Get a Tier 2 Barco del Muerto to carry them all (cost: 640 Coins).
- Complete a Long Voyage with it to find them! (upgrade the ship after the voyage to save Coins!)
Minimum Time to Complete: 24 hours (Long voyage with Barco del Muerto - This MAY be shortened to 8 hours by sending Barco del Muerto off on the long voyage at the end of step 1! Assumes that you have the pearls to upgrade Barco del Muerto and cash/rubies for the mermaid spins).
Day Of The Dead (5/6)
Please please! You must help me look freshly dead again before the party tonight!
- Find me 5 Sapphires for jewelry. (Do voyages and/or mermaid spins)
- Build a Wig Maker so I can get a new look (cost: 659,840 Coins, 90 Wood, 12 hours to build).
- Collect 3x from Orange Grove for sweets.
Minimum Time to Complete: 16 hours (Collections from Orange Grove will be 3 x 8 hours, minimum is 16 hours if this step kicks off just before a collection. Assumes that you have the cash to build the Wig Maker at the same time and cash for voyages to find the sapphires).
Day Of The Dead (6/6)
The Day of the Dead is not complete without treats for you, too! For your sweet heart we've called a sweet merchant to your shores!
- Place the Free Marzipan Shop. (2 hours to build).
Minimum Time to Complete: 2 hours (Build the Marzipan Shop. Assumes that you have the open space to place the Marzipan Shop).
Time Allowed: 4 days (96 hours)
Minimum Time to Complete: 59 hours
Comments: I enjoyed this, but was travelling from Australia to the USA and back while it was running, so I had a little frustration with connection and making sure that everything worked out. From memory I had about 3 hours tto spare when I concluded it.